Sunday, March 25, 2007

Red Bean Burgers and Spicy Fries



These vegan red bean burgers are based on a black bean burger recipe that I thought was a little bland. Mine have a slight salsa taste. Great with avacado! :)

The bean burgers are made with organic kidney beans, bell pepper, whole grain bread crumbs and egg replacer (only if it's a dry day.)


The hamburger buns (in the first photo) I made from scratch... I have to say I was a bit disappointed with them. They are 100% whole grain (good!) but turned out dry and a bit heavy (bad...)
That's what I get from randomly choosing a recipe from the web without checking to see that it had tons of good reviews first. They weren't terrible... it's just that bread making involves a considerable time investment (not to mention the kneading!) I may try these again with some tweaking I think.


We try to not eat too many potatoes, but when we do I make spicy fries. They are soooo good! They are seasoned with a few different things but the killer 'secret ingredient' is dry mustard.


This second photo (more recent) has the same burger recipe but the fries are spicy rutabaga fries.
*Yes, that's a paper plate. Please don't email me with nasty things, our faucet is getting replaced.

1 comment:

choc*nilla said...

hey
can i pls have the recipe for the fries pls pls