Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Isa Chandra can plan my PunkVegan Revolution any day!




Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World ROCKS! You must buy it!


I made my first batch of cupcakes from the book... and of course I couldn't just settle for the basic cupcake... I had to go all out for the Brooklyn vs. Boston Cream Cupcakes... I don't make cupcakes everyday you know!

Let me just say, for having to make:

1. vegan cupcakes, from scratch
2. a vegan custard filling (not an easy feat!)
and 3. a rich chocolate ganache

.... this was insanely easy!!


Here's how they turned out:



The melty looking custard filling is due to my impatience (surprise, surprise...) and need to cut open the cupcake to take a picture before allowing them to fully cool as I was instructed to do. LOL
And yeah, those are ScoobyDoo cupcake liners... you use what you've got!

Anyway, I ate the cut open melty one and it was so good I wanted to die! It tasted so bad and UN-vegan! But it wasn't! Heehee! I'm not even a fan of Boston Cream Pie so I feel kind of bad... like it is just wasted on me.... I wish I had a real BCP lover here to test this out on... I KNOW they'd swoon!

No comments: